David B. Rice
Writing, Editing, Development Communications
You have to shout to be heard. But you can't just scream your head off. You need to be clear and concise. You have to say who you are, what you do, and why others should support you. And you've got to do it quickly and across proliferating media.
For more than two decades, I have helped nonprofits and institutions of higher learning get heard above the fray. I take pride in helping organizations match their message to their mission, leading to effective communications and successful fundraising.
Areas of expertise:
- Writing and editing effective feature articles, news releases, annual fund solicitations, proposals to individuals and foundations, newsletters, brochures, annual reports, and case statements
- Crafting strategic and operational plans for annual funds, major gift programs, and capital campaigns
- Working with designers, videographers, and other graphic professionals to produce successful Web sites, print publications, event presentations, and videos
- Directing donor relations programs
- Managing boards
- Planning and overseeing successful events
- Overseeing media relations